Shinjuku City
Living InformationDescription of ShinjukuLet’s Learn JapaneseForeign Language InformationPDF


Public Employment Security Offices (Hello Work)
Tokyo Employment Service Center for Foreigners
Shinjuku Employment Assistance and Instruction Center for Foreigner
Permission to Engage in an Activity Beyond the Scope of a Visa
Employment Eligibility Certificate
Staying and Working Illegally
Employment for Foreign Students after Graduation
Finalizing Labor Contracts
Labor Insurance System
Social Insurance
Labor Consultations
Preparing for Disasters
Notifications and Procedures to Be Completed at the City Office
Taxes, Medical Treatment and Health Insurance
Childbirth, Child-Raising and Education
Useful Information
Main Public Facilities
Living Information (PDF)

Social Insurance

See 4.Taxes, Medical Treatment and Health Insurance
 Workers who are employed at places that subscribe to social insurance are required by law to enroll in health insurance and social insurance such as a pension scheme, regardless of nationality. A laborer may not join in or withdraw from either insurance at will.
 Those who are not enrolled in social insurance or a pension scheme but who have completed resident registration must enroll in National Health Insurance and National Pension. You must enroll at the municipal office where you are registered as a resident. However, if you are in Japan on a short-term stay, you are not eligible for National Health Insurance. (For details, please read 4.Taxes/Medical Treatment and Health Insurance.)

Back to the top

| Shinjuku City Official Website  |